The internet has become the easiest and most essential channel through which any artist can gain recognition, receive comments and professional criticism, and grow. To receive those benefits from the worldwide web, however, your work needs to be published on it. So how can you digitize your artwork to reap the benefits and learn from the global art community online?
Digitize Your Artwork via Digital Photography
One method is to take a digital photograph of your artwork using a DSLR camera. In addition to the camera itself, you will also need a tripod and a stand for your piece of art. A white poster board or any other plain white material may also be needed to provide a clear white background.
- Prop up your artwork on the stand and ensure that the background is as plain white as possible.
- Set up your DSLR camera on the tripod so that the art piece appears flat through the camera.
- Ensure that your camera settings are set to provide the best quality and detail.
- Snap the picture and transfer it to your PC or laptop. Then upload it and share it!
Digitize Your Artwork via Scanning
Another method to digitize your artwork with better quality is by scanning it.
Scanning 2D artwork ensures consistent lighting and better quality. Of course the size of the scanner you will need will vary depending on the size of your artwork.
- Before scanning, ensure that the glass is clean and dirt-free, and place your piece of art evenly on the glass.
- Use the preview tool when scanning to select only the area of the art piece.
- Ensure the brightness and contrast settings are perfect.
- Save the scanned file.
Mustek Large A3 Scanners
Mustek offers large A3 scanners with high-resolution scanning capabilities that are guaranteed to digitize your A3-sized or smaller pieces of artwork and publish them online in high quality.
Discover our range of A3 scanners by clicking here.